Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bob Marley - Burnin'

One of the two other purchases from Purple Record: the remastered CD of Burnin'. The video above's the Deluxe Edition of the album, which I haven't heard yet.

Rochelle had bought me the vinyl LP of Legend to celebrate our 100 days together and it sparked an interest in this big musical figure. I've always known about Marley and his songs, but hadn't spent much time listening to him until now. He's good stuff. Reggae's still largely unknown to me, but I like the laidback grooves and the uplifting songs. Burnin' is full of quality songs. Favorite tracks:


  • Get Up, Stand Up
  • I Shot The Sheriff
  • Small Axe
  • Burnin' and Lootin'
  • One Foundation
Extra info dept: The book Kill Your Idols: A New Generation of Rock Writers Reconsiders The Classics tore about Marley's famous Exodus album. The book isn't here in Korea, so I can't say anymore about that right now. The memory's fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment